Friday, February 29, 2008

Miss Pettigrew Style

If I'm going to spend 90 minutes of my precious time to go out and watch a movie... then the set design better be pretty awesome. I don't think the set of the movie "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" will disappoint. The movie takes place during Pre World War II London...and the decor wraps you around English art deco with a Hollywood glamor sensibility. Sounds "tres chic" to me! Expect lush fabrics of silk, satin and velvet....muted tones and lots of detail. I may not be able to follow the story line fully if the set is as awe inspiring as I'm expecting....movie opens next week.





images: LA Times

2 comments:

esper_d said...

Your entire blog is incredibly beautiful and inspiring :) I loved the staircase, the outdoor room with the zebra rug and the table outside with the lights. My dream is to have a home that wonderfully beautiful! Oh and the room by the pool with the drapes on the corners. How gorgeous!

Red River Interiors,LLC said...

erper

Thanks for visiting....I love the hunt for inspiration...beauty fills the earth... Fay