Thursday, February 25, 2010

Personalize with Accessories

Accessories can make all the difference in your space to personalize it. Whether small space... large space. Put your stamp on it to reflect your personal style, especially if you're a renter and can't make physical changes. When I was single and renting I always loaded up on lots of accessories. I put my money in things that I could take with me. 
Baskets have many purposes and they hold any and everything.  I love these hand woven baskets made in Rwanda, sold at Macy's, for their craftmanship, and color.These baskets have changed the lives of the Rwandan women that weave them. Not only do they earn money to support their families but the weaving project has helped them heal after the genocide that devastated the central African country in 1994.
 
Harvest Bowl - $46
 

 Spirit Bowl
 
 sisal and sea grass, natural dye


Aluminum Vases - Bo Concept
 Great accessories for a contemporary space. Buy as a single or in a collection.


Antique sunburst tin mirror...Direct from Mexico.$120


A shield back chair is timeless and is generally a traditional piece.  But, I would use this chair as an accent piece in almost any decor.  

 Bel Aire Chair - Currey and Company








No comments: