Monday, March 31, 2008

Gratitude


Gratitude - The state of being grateful; thankfull

I was talking to my older sister on the phone last week. I can't really remember the day because we talk every day.., it's nothing for us to talk 3-4 times a day and that's on a week day. But since I've been blogging on design I was looking for ideas from her that particular day...I needed inspiration! She suggested I do a post on gratitude..."Gratitude?" I said. The first thought that popped into my mind was; What does that have to do with interior design? I didn't say that, but, I thought it. How ungrateful would that have sounded coming out of my mouth,as though it were some totally foreign concept. Yet, since then, I've been quietly contemplating and now I'm ready to talk.

If gratitude is the state of being grateful then I confess I cognitively live in a grateful state of mind. At the core of my being is the certitude the hand of God wakes me each and every day I rise. For that I'm eternally grateful. When I contemplate the history that's come prior to my existence and the struggles I won't have to face; I'm grateful for the time and place I've entered the world. I'm grateful for the people in my life that have given to me, shaped me, and loved me. I'm grateful that I can do the same for others as well...Grateful for being confident, trusting, loving life and have a heart to love others and encourage them to their fullest potential and highest good. I'm grateful... that I can be grateful.


No comments: