Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Outside

Are you enjoying summer as much as I am? I love living outside as much as possible during the summer months.... From early morning walks to late night suppers. I could spend my entire day outside air conditioned buildings. Most of all I enjoy entertaining outside. It doesn't have to be an upscale formal affair...it's summer ...so make it fun.
Here are a few summer entertaining ideas I want to share. They are creative simple and boast lots of summer style. Much can be done with fabric, twinkle lights and fresh flowers. Add a punch of color and a few candles for late night romance. But most of all... Have Fun!

Elegant and casual....
Colorful tents and candle light are show stoppers to create the perfect dinner atmosphere

If you live in a dry desert climate add fresh flowers to the decor to bring in splashes of color


Start a fire pit early in the evening and it will be ready by nightfall for roasting marshmallows





6 comments:

Family History Honor and Legacy said...

Oh, I agree, I'm having a hard time staying inside. Great idea (the sheer panels outdoors). I may use that this week. Fresh flowers in the desert. Great idea also. LOL

Judith HeartSong said...

We are having a glorious summer and I am taking lots of reference photos for painting this winter. I love the outdoor room.

Unknown said...

The candle flame chandeliers are a show stopper. A true safari design.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

Amanda~Weekend Host said...

Beautiful images - I love alfresco dining!! Only one more month until it's spring time again here in Australia.

Maria Killam said...

I love those gorgeous outdoor spaces! Especially the whispy sheers!

Sue said...

That tent does lend a very romantic and relaxed aura. That can create a lovely dinner atmosphere, along with some scented candles and soothing classical music. I imagine that tent would be a perfect spot for a marriage proposal, or even just a romantic candlelit dinner for two.
Sue Mattson