Tuesday, November 25, 2008

These Four Walls

Whenever I visit historic Richmond,VA I don't normally think of interior design other than southern traditional but now, I'm beginning to . While traveling with my husband on business and with lots of time on my hands I discovered the most wonderful shop you would love to find anywhere....it is, "These Four Walls". Located on E. Cary St. These Four Walls is the type of home furnishings store you would expect to see in a contemporary urban city. My perception of Richmond's design aesthetic is changing. This shop is more international than most. The owners are world travelers and I discovered beautiful cabinets and tables from India, Indonesia, Mexico and China. Many of the accessories are crafted by local artist. I found Indian pieces made of reclaimed wood and teak harvested responsibly from plantations. This store has a very earthy and organic feel. You don't have to decorate your entire space with imported or sustainable items but a few pieces in a room certainly add visual interest and an eco-consciousness to your decor..... Next time you're in Richmond, do stop by.

Rob Cline - Manager/Design Consultant


How Beautiful !


Love this painted distressed cabinet.

Can't you see this periwinkle settee in a foyer?


Red high gloss Mexican chairs are great with this colorful table.






2 comments:

User9827892 said...

Truly unique! I love their eye for the unusual.

Red River Interiors,LLC said...

Laurie:
being a California girl, you would love this shop...Fay