Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cutstom Window Treatments-Online

Roman shade-flat
Raman shade-waterfall
Roman shade-flat with black band
Green pinch pleats


Pinch pleats
Roman shade-waterfall


I love designing window treatments for projects I'm working on but don't do it nearly enough. With years of knowledge working with fabrics, and putting rooms together I'm exploring offering custom window treatments online. What I want to offer are drapes but I'm also considering Roman shades. What's popular on windows now is a relaxed but finished treatment...nothing that resembles your grandmother's drapes. I'm in the process of selecting vendors and fabrics... styles and working with a workroom to have the work done here in Virginia. I'll be able to exercise high quality control standards over the finished product. I've seen too many offshore inferior constructed products in the market place at prices that are too high for what you're getting. Red River Interiors producs will be " Made In America".


I like classic pinch pleats, inverted box pleats, goblet pleats and relaxed shades....My goal is a well designed and constructed product...lined and interlined in poly/cotton or 100% cotton. A high quality product at a reasonable price point is what I'm after:...let me know what you think... what would you like to see on your windows?

4 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Great examples!

happy window dressing,

Melissa

Topsy Turvy said...

Great idea! I think curtains are very scary for most people, as they are so expensive. I've always had a secret desire for some extravagant, floor-dragging fabulous silk curtains, but have never been able to afford them. But then I'm not sure that's really my style anyway. Since I live in Florida and my decor is quirky-casual, it doesn't really make sense for me. What I do have in my living and dining rms. are unlined Belgian linen off-white curtains with off-white silk border across the top (from Silk Trading). I would like to have some curtains made for my bedroom however, that are a bit more substantial and lined.
-Lana

Red River Interiors,LLC said...

Laura:

I think we can help you out....give me a month or so and I will have some fabric samples to send you...then you can send your window measurements... we'll come up with something fab that won't break the bank...you can be my first online tester...Fay

Mélanie said...

I love your post about curtains ! But I am totally in love with the 1st picture